Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

Are NEETs lazy?

I am a NEET due to being mentally ill and declared unfit for work, but I still feel like a total loser or failure sometimes anyway. Why do people call NEETs lazy and entitled?

a, That answer really made me smile, so thank you :)

I'm not lazy and entitled. I do my bit around my house even though I still live with my mum. I pay my own bills, do my own shopping, cleaning, laundry etc.

People call NEETs lazy and entitled because we live in a society that values our productivity over almost everything else. We are humans with innate value, not just workers. People who work a lot and get lots of education or training are just bitter towards NEETs. And no, you are not lazy. Laziness is not a real thing, it's something we made up. There is science behind this. You are fine. Your only job in this world is to exist, and you are doing a great job. 

Not everyone who is unemployed, not in education or training is necessarily lazy and entitled, but a whole heck of a lot are.