Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

Are NEETs lazy?

I am a NEET due to being mentally ill and declared unfit for work, but I still feel like a total loser or failure sometimes anyway. Why do people call NEETs lazy and entitled?

Update:

a, That answer really made me smile, so thank you :)

Update 2:

I'm not lazy and entitled. I do my bit around my house even though I still live with my mum. I pay my own bills, do my own shopping, cleaning, laundry etc.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

People call NEETs lazy and entitled because we live in a society that values our productivity over almost everything else. We are humans with innate value, not just workers. People who work a lot and get lots of education or training are just bitter towards NEETs. And no, you are not lazy. Laziness is not a real thing, it's something we made up. There is science behind this. You are fine. Your only job in this world is to exist, and you are doing a great job. 

• 2 months ago

Not everyone who is unemployed, not in education or training is necessarily lazy and entitled, but a whole heck of a lot are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.