Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Which do you prefer: Windows or Mac?

49 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Linux.         

• 2 months ago

Personally, I prefer macOS for a number of reasons.

It’s more stable. It simply doesn’t crash anywhere close to a Windows PC. In fact, in 2.5 years of having my MacBook, I have not once had a full system crash. I’ve had the odd app that needed a “Forced Quit” but that too has been rare. I have switched to using macOS at home and Windows 10 for work. It really is night and day.

The GUI is cleaner. The last time Microsoft had a good interface was Windows 7 and even then, macOS beats it in both design and functionality. I don’t know how I would describe the current Windows Start Menu but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Attachment image
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Prefer them to what?

• 2 months ago

Mac Linux and Windows best to go and try the full range although there are more incredible systems than the heavily used three , like sun solaris ..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Neither, thanks.  Linux Mint Cinnamon for me.  It is much easier, more intuitive, and much less money!  :D  ~Cindy!  :)

• 2 months ago

I prefer windows its easy for beginners.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I like the way that Macs are built so well you don't need a brain to use and maintain them. I love to tinker though so windows is better for me but preference-wise, I'm with Linux.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Both Windows 10 and Mac OSX are good operating systems! It's more of a preferential thing!

• 2 months ago

I using Windows and prefer Windows 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I use both,but when it's crunch time I think I get more done with Windows.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.