Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

Is there any way to mask your IP address with any address?

I am currently in Europe, and thanks to the GDPR instituted by the EU, I am having problems with numerous sites in the US being blocked. I thought I would solve my problem simply by subscribing to a VPN, but NOW I keep running into the issue of sites refusing to connect to a VPN!!!

Are there any apps out there where I can enter some random fictitious IP address and have that broadcast as my IP address? This is just plain frustrating!

19 Answers

Relevance
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

You can't just enter a random IP address and have anything work. Your internet traffic wouldn't get any further than your ISP before being dropped as invalid.

Any service that does geoblocking can just as easily detect VPN IPs and block those too, on the assumption that people are using them to get around geoblocking. All you can do is try to find a VPN service that isn't on the VPN service list yet so that they're not blocked.

• 2 months ago

Hey i have simiilar problem, you can use avast antivirus, yes its antivirus but they also have vpn builtin.

• 2 months ago

You appear to be asking for an illicit intermediary server through which your traffic can flow.  If so, I can't help you and you're breaking Yahoo's TOS by asking for illegal services.

If you're looking for a legitimate service to access foreign resources that aren't normally available in your country, and you've already tried a VPN, you should keep looking.  The GDPR doesn't generally block legal content, although it may put too many unreasonable restrictions on it.

One or more proxies combined with a VPN could solve your trouble.  Every proxy or VPN you add to the chain will further degrade performance, though.

There are illegal means of doing what you want.  But those come with legal problems.

• 2 months ago

people who think you can actually cover your IP are a special kind of stupid. Your ISP knows exactly what you look at and what access. They are, afterall, the ones that direct your requests

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What happened to plain proxies, who don't display referrer and proxy headers?

• 2 months ago

Why, if cops are trying  to get you than can still trace you.  Don't hide like a ***** I call people out. My name is right here traceable.

• 2 months ago

The two primary ways to hide your IP address are using a proxy server or using a virtual private network (VPN). (There's also Tor, which is great for extreme anonymization, but it's very slow and for most people isn't necessary.)

• 2 months ago

Use a VPN. A VPN is an intermediary server that encrypts your connection to the internet — and it also hides your IP address. Here's how to hide your IP address with a VPN: Simply download a VPN such as Avast SecureLine VPN, log in, and turn it on to protect both your IP address and your internet traffic.

• 2 months ago

The two essential approaches to conceal your IP address are utilizing an intermediary worker or utilizing a virtual private organization (VPN). (There's likewise Tor, which is incredible for outrageous anonymization, yet it's sluggish and for a great many people isn't essential.)

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Replace your VPN or use a proxy (ask your ISP).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.