Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

What happens to my gun order if ARs get banned by Biden before it's shipped?

If I order a lower receiver today, and it takes about a month to be processed and shipped to my FFL, is there a chance that Biden and the democrats get their way, ban semi-auto rifles, and my order gets canceled? If so I'm just going to go to my local gun store and buy whatever they have on the shelf, but I'd greatly prefer to order the one I want online, as long as I can be assured that I'll actually receive it.

And to those who asked:no, I'm not just getting an AR because I want to do illegal stuff. It's my 18th birthday, and I've been counting the days until I could get my own AR for years

Paranoid much, macho man?

So let me ask you.

If you want to order a gun now, why didn't you before?

Or are you doing it only because you think it will be illegal and you want to do illegal stuff and get away with it?

If a ban goes into effect you'll get a refund and THEN you can buy locally.

There is always a chance. 

• bluto

Laws are usually put in place with a date that it goes into effect far away so people have notice.

Any order placed today should be fine. If a law goes into place you will find that there is usually a date in the law months down the road so people can make changes.

I am not aware of any ban in the works that would cover any firearms but hypothetically if one came today you would have months to adjust.