Chelsea job to big for Lampard?

Do you agree that Lampard did not have enough experience to manage Chelsea and should never have been given the job in the first place?

Yes, he should have built his career up, by leaving somewhere quite big after Derby

I believe it may have been a step too soon for him but it's irrelevant now.

Lampard was not that good this season and Chelski is always quick to fire managers.

• sigh, no not  really, so what then do people say when it's an experienced manager who has been sacked?, because plenty of them do...btw i don't even like chelski for fairly obvious reasons

here's some food for thought if SAF, had started his career as manager in the last few years and followed the identical path, well he wouldn't of continued on that path because he would of been sacked with the trend as it is today, and he's supposedly the greatest manager ever....

LFCYNWA

• Zapata

It's Chelsea. No-one cares.

• Monny

Of course it was.

He was offered the job because he was their favourite son. How the f*ck is anyone around the age of 40 with only a few months managerial experience going to succeed at a big club ?

Chelsea are at fault here, they shouldn't have offered it to him (he could hardly of refused), and then kick him out when his inexperience as a manager shows.

And Stevie G is no comparison; he's turned Rangers around but the opposition isn't exactly on a par.

• Adam

No I don't. I think considering the managers they have had in the past, it was a gamble worth taking especially considering the transfer ban they had imposed at the time. He finished 4th last year with the transfer ban in place and having sold arguably their best player in Eden Hazard. I thought he did remarkably well considering the circumstances. I think considering the job he did last year, saying he should never have been appointed in the first place and the job was too big for him is harsh.

He has impressed enough to get another job, hopefully at a club with more patience.

Anyone in that role, who has a rough period will get the bullet. And any manager can have a rough period. If Klopp took the job and had a similar season to his last at Dortmund, he'd be gone. Thomas Tuchel will know that ahead of time and if he lasts longer than 18 months I'll be surprised..

Oh well thats Chelski for you, they go through managers faster than a hooker goes through a pack of condoms lol

But look at my face for a moment.

Does it look like a face that cares ? ^_^

Also feck manure and ole gunnar bumscar,  imposters sitting 1st alert - imposters sitting 1st alert.

wrt to Lampard,  I reckon one day he'll return to Chelsea as manager once he's gained maybe more experience and done well with another club.

Also best of luck to Sheffield United this coming weds, they have to play Manure at Old Trafford.  If Burnley can come to Anfield and make it tough so can the Blades, besides they should be more than up for it and looking to put a spanner in the works briefly for Manure who seem to now be on some sort of crazy run of their own.

We have to go to the 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' and get a result.

by result I mean A WIN.  If we don't win - we are officialy fecking OUT of the epl title race imo.

I beg to differ, I think given his legendary status as a former player, he at the least deserves his time to build something and see his project through.

The season is barely over just yet,  Chelsea can still win the title but they're quite far behind and a solid top 4 finish would be decent for them given how many clubs are trying to finish in the top 4.

I think he understands football better than most and has worked under many managerial greats such as Claudio Ranieri, Jose Mourinho,  Avram Grant, Jose Felipe Scolari, Ray Wilkins, Guus Hiddink, Carlo Ancelotti, Villas Boas, Di Matteo, Rafa Benitez, Atonio Conte, Sarri until finally he got given the job.

If you simply look at how he performed under each of those managers and the level of consistency in his playing career it tells you he was good at understanding the managers decisions and adapting to each of them.

I think that alone is enough experience to be handed a job as Chelsea Manager wouldn't you think ?

so no, the  Chelsea job imo is not too big for him.

If anything,  its ideal and I can't think of a better choice than Lampard tbh.  Time is on his side, hes ambitious of course and should be allowed to make Chelsea a dominant force in the Prem again.

You people need to understand, we're talking about one of the best midfielder players of his generation between 2005 and 2013.

Okay so I just realised Chelsea have relieved him of his duties as Chelsea boss and have replaced him with a man I've never heard of,  no disrespect toThomas Tuchel but what experience does he have of the Premier League or English football or managing big clubs with huge expectations ?

Yes, he wasn't great at Derby and spent 200 million to be 9th and possibly 10th if Southampton win half way through the season, that is utterly terrible, they wanted to mount a title challenge and he wasn't even getting top four.