Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Is it easy to learn how to drive?

Just know that in an automatic, the car starts to drive at 5mph or so when you take your foot off the brake. Even though it's not a race car, most cars tend to have pretty good acceleration. Different cars have different turn radii. So some cars will turn easily around corners, and some will drive like a bus. And when you brake, take your foot off the pedal ever so gradually when you near the red light or stop sign. That prevents the jerk at the end. And try to keep steady when you check your blind spot when you change lanes. I had trouble with that when I first started driving; id slow down a bit.

Depends on the individual. Motivation can be a big factor.

Waa that a question?

• F

Quite easy to pass the test. Not so easy to drive well.

i dont think it is

For some very easy. For others not so much. 

I think so.  The only hiccup I had was that I ran over a tree in my family's yard before I got my license.  I was backing out of our driveway with my father in the car, something I'd done many time practicing with my mom and was quite good at. 

But this was my first with my father in the car.  He didn't like how fast I was doing it and yelled at me.  I got nervous and when i went to stomp on the brake, my foot just grazed it and got caught between the brake and accelerator with the accelerator depressed.  For a moment we added a burst of speed, I waggled and backed into a sapling tree.

But in general it was easy.  The main thing about driving is to PAY ATTENTION.  Most accidents aren't due to driving being hard...it's people not paying attention.

Gearshift  not.

Yes. I grew up riding ATV's so I always translated those skills to driving. Especially in the snow. Oh and if I'm on edge driving, thinking of spongebob driving with his big toe always helps.

• Kathy

It is easier for some than others.