Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Bleeding after seeing a heart beat GRAPHIC?

I’m so confused I went for scan yesterday everything was fine heartbeat was seen and baby. Now today I’ve just started bleeding I’ve wiped a few times and this is what’s coming out of me. I’ve had a misscarriage before this pregnancy so I’m worried the same is happening as last time when I miscarried it was similar to this. Can someone please explain what’s happening 

• LizB

Probably just a little bleeding from cervical irritation. Call your OB just in case, but they'll probably just tell you to stay hydrated and to try to relax with your feet up. That's pretty much all you can do unless the bleeding gets heavier and red and/or you start experiencing painful cramps.

That said, I would encourage you to examine any supplements or meds (including OTC) to see if any of them have blood thinning properties, and unless they've been ordered by your doctor, consider discontinuing them. I had spotting in my 2nd pregnancy the first few weeks and my doctor had me stop both baby aspirin and fish oil (she had told me to take them originally). The spotting stopped completely a couple of days after that.

• Matt

you should go see your obgyn, you may not be miscarrying but something may have happened like the placenta has partially disconnected from the uterine wall, they will be able to take an image and find out if there is any problems and tell you what you should do to alleviate any further problems 

May be nothing much; may be serious.  See a doctor asap;don't sit at home.

Whenever I wipe this is what’s coming out, only wiped a few times in the last half hour as it’s only just come on but I’m so worries