Can I install more ram in a Alienware X51 R2?

I've always had this computer, but is it possible to open it up and install another 8 gb ram stick in it? I feel like it's an enclosed unit and its not possible but I've never tried. Thank you!

Its paired memory 16GB max, 2 slots. 2,4,8,16 GB ddr3. If you think you have 8 GB then it probably is 2x4GB sticks, so you probably take those out and install 2x8GB sticks. Crucial or Kingston will probably tell you, don't guess.

Look on the internet to crucial memory scan and run the little test when the test is over it will show you if you have any ports open to put memory in or if you can remove the existing chips and upgrade to more memory the test is free

• i + i

Depends on how much you already have in it. 

Max is 16 gb (2 x 8 gb)... but yes, it's possible. 

• BigE

Its paired memory 16GB max, 2 slots.  2,4,8,16 GB  ddr3.  If you think you have 8 GB then it probably is 2x4GB sticks, so you probably take those out and install 2x8GB sticks.  Crucial or Kingston will probably tell you, don't guess.