Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why is it bad to use "retard"?

It's not like I am using it to make fun of people with disability. People called me this throughout my entire high school life, even though I'm not disabled. So I learned the word is okay, from my classmates.

Update:

"There's never a time you'll use it and people are going to be impressed with what you have to say." I didn't say people will be impressed if I said it.

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=... (VPR_000)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bet you didn't like when people called you that so you shouldn't call others that. Just perpetuating the bullying does nothing to improve the human condition. 

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well now with SloJoe Biden in charge we'll have none of that.  He has proven that retards can hit even the hightest of Peter Principles

• 1 month ago

Although I don't give a damn what words you use, I'll say it's not a very classy word in general. There's never a time you'll use it and people are going to be impressed with what you have to say.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you Caucasian? If so, would it be ok to call you n-gger?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The fact that people use this ugly word for people who do not have this disability does not make it okay.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.