Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What are the best ways an atheist breaks free of the phase of atheism, to realize they were wrong, and turn to the truth that God is real?

P.S.: This question is for ex-atheists, not atheists who have not broken free of the phase of atheism.

• Paul

Anyone who is open to truth can discover it and learn it. Someone who has closed their hearts and minds to truth is destined to be consumed and destroyed by untruth.

But what do you do about theists who realized after years of study that God is not real?  (Like I did.)

The Bible is nothing more than a collection of allegories, NONE of which are actually about God directly, but rather are about what people believed about God.

• Cowboy

Search for god and you'll find god - inside your mind but nowhere else.........

I was raised in baptized as one of Jehovah's witnesses I thought that their program was highly restricted and was keeping me from having all the fun that all my cronies was telling me about sex outside of marriage and drugs and all the other accompanying so-called fun things.

So I became godless in fact atheistic well in a short period of time my atheist friends introduced me to crack cocaine they were pleased for me to spend my small fortune buying their crack cocaine and giving them free drugs and in a very short while I owned nothing whatsoever except the clothes on my back and I was soon in jail.

After I sat in jail for 40 days I came to my senses and realized what I had done to myself. hey buddy you just gave up half a million dollars in two years now you're in a jail cell with criminal record and you have nothing and you're a drug addict.

So I returned to the tough restrictive program that I had learned as one of Jehovah's witnesses my life improved dramatically as I did what I was taught as a child.

The only help in my opinion for an atheist is to let themselves get beat up until they reach rock bottom and they realize hey buddy your belief system is screwed up better look for a new one

Very simple - proof that God actually exists.

Your belief is not proof.