were the streets cleaner 20 years ago in 1975?

Back when I was 15 years old the air was cleaner the temperature was more moderate the streets were cleaner and there was far less unwanted children and far less premarital sex far less disease

20 years ago was 2001. 1975 was 46 years ago. And no, the streets weren't cleaner in 1975. Back then people threw their trash wherever. There was no recycling and public garbage cans in public places were always vandalized. Vandalism was much worse back then because there were no security cameras anywhere. Urban blight was a huge problem and property standards either didn't exist or they weren't enforced. 2001 was much different than it is now. In my city lockdown has made the streets extremely clean.

Where I live I would say they're at the same level of acceptable cleanliness which is just fine with me considering that when I'm driving I throw all of my fast food garbage out the window when no one is looking.

1975 was 46 years ago.

• ?

1975 was far longer than 20 years ago. By my reckoning, it was 46 years ago. There were more bins around, so possibly less littering. 

• Dan

no doubt..people are getting lazier every day