Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

I feel like a bad person and guilty what do I do?

In my past I made some bad decisions, I think I am a pathological liar. I did not tell a lie until I was eleven years old, I was been bullied and then I ended up getting a friend and she lied and I stood by her. I’m not sure why I did but I regret it, i was afraid to tell the truth. A innocent person got serious punishment and I’ve felt guilt ever since. The person has passed away now and it’s been 14 years and my family still don’t know. Since my childhood and school and that day especially I have suffered with low self esteem, insecurity that I am not good enough. I exaggerate and make up stories when I feel insecure to seem like a victim or to seem more exciting. When guys like other girls I make up stories of why they are bad, I can’t seem to help it and I feel awful. I have never drank alcohol, smoked, had casual sex, I have never gone up to someone and called them names or physically hurt them. I feel strong love for animals and save bugs, I’m a vegetarian, I feel guilt and don’t want to hurt people but I can’t stop lying and getting in to bad situations when insecure. I’ve lied to my boyfriend I don’t want him to leave me, I don’t plan on lying anymore. I’m afraid I will get karma, I’m worried if people find out they will think I’m a bad person and I’m actually kind and do have morals. I do not want to be a bad person, I’m overwhelmed with guilt, I don’t feel good enough for my boyfriend or family. Please help me...

Oh, I believe in Karma.  It will come back to you 3 times harder than you dished it out.

There isn't anything any of us can do to help you.  None of us are qualified.  Get into therapy of some sort.  It doesn't matter where you start, just starting is the first step. If you truly want help, you need to go find a therapist, Psychologist or Psychiatrist.  Someone who understands the human brain.  If you had foot pain or foot problems you wouldn't think twice about going to a Podiatrist, the mind is like any other organ in the body, it gets sick too.

• Not

Repent and get over it.

No one is perfect and you should give yourself credit for the good things you do. It's true that lying isn't right but you can change it. The Bible has advice that can help. Learn from the past but then let it go (Philippians 3:13). Treat others the way you wish to be treated (Luke 6:31). Make friends with God and he won't let you be tempted beyond what you can handle (James 4:8, 1 Corinthians 10:13). Soon God will change this world and life won't be difficult any more. To learn more see JW.org.

I would recommend a therapist or a psychologist.

You can't do this alone.