Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

CE,  did the lockdowns in 2020 steal your summer last year?

Update:

I'm asking because I didn't think it had stolen summer, from my recollection.  But perhaps others can correct, or reinterpret it, for me.  

First anon answer-  don't you need to get a life rather than report harmless questions?

Update 2:

@ Sottile, um, thanks for that.  Very illuminating.

Update 3:

Thanks Matthew. And thanks to everyone for posting serious answers. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Didn't bother me a bit finally gave me a chance to paint the house and to get everything cleaned up they gave us unemployment and instead of just vegetating I used all that free time to get caught up on the housework

• Who
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No - it made no difference

I live less than 1/2 mile from the sea (clifftops) and just about 2 miles from 3 beaches

Last year was probably better than usual for me

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. My summer was a it would have been anyway.

What's your KNOWLEDGE seeking question about a current event? Questions about the respondents are chat violations.

• 1 month ago

The China Virus stole a lot from all of us.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • miffy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No .

We managed a 2 week holiday to Europe which wasn't locked down..just a few restrictions so things were very quiet.

Also the weather was great the whole summer so as we live in the UK that was almost  miraculous  

On the whole I enjoyed summer...it's the winter , now, when it's cold and damp and everything except food shops are closed that is difficult. 

• 1 month ago

Summer was brilliant, especially compared to how this year works out.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not mine as we weren't in Lockdown last summer where I live 

• 1 month ago

My summer was hosed. No cruises. Never under lockdown, but the 'rona sure messed up pretty much the whole year.  

Source(s): Mustached gun toting cowboy fashion victim across the pond
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

a virus cannot steal a season

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.