Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

CE,  did the lockdowns in 2020 steal your summer last year?

I'm asking because I didn't think it had stolen summer, from my recollection.  But perhaps others can correct, or reinterpret it, for me.  

First anon answer-  don't you need to get a life rather than report harmless questions?

@ Sottile, um, thanks for that.  Very illuminating.

Thanks Matthew. And thanks to everyone for posting serious answers. 

Didn't bother me a bit finally gave me a chance to paint the house and to get everything cleaned up they gave us unemployment and instead of just vegetating I used all that free time to get caught up on the housework

• Who

No - it made no difference

I live less than 1/2 mile from the sea (clifftops) and just about 2 miles from 3 beaches

Last year was probably better than usual for me

No. My summer was a it would have been anyway.

What's your KNOWLEDGE seeking question about a current event? Questions about the respondents are chat violations.

The China Virus stole a lot from all of us.

• miffy

No .

We managed a 2 week holiday to Europe which wasn't locked down..just a few restrictions so things were very quiet.

Also the weather was great the whole summer so as we live in the UK that was almost  miraculous  

On the whole I enjoyed summer...it's the winter , now, when it's cold and damp and everything except food shops are closed that is difficult. 

Summer was brilliant, especially compared to how this year works out.

Not mine as we weren't in Lockdown last summer where I live 

My summer was hosed. No cruises. Never under lockdown, but the 'rona sure messed up pretty much the whole year.  

Source(s): Mustached gun toting cowboy fashion victim across the pond

a virus cannot steal a season