Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Why has chicken started making me ill?

I love chicken, and I cook chicken the same way I always have - but suddenly. whenever I have chicken it's been making me ill - I've even varied where I get it from just recently. Fast-food chicken makes me ill too now, even though it didn't used to.

Have I developed an allergy or has something happened to the world's chickens?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

From what you have been saying there is no easy answer and you might consider a visit to your doctor to find out what is going on. 

• 1 month ago

What kind of ill? Allergies tend to affect the breathing,make you flush,give you hives  and may even make your throat close up .

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Its' just your turn........

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your best bet is to see a doctor and get a referral to an Allergist. It MAY be an allergy to chicken, but probably, it is an allergy to something used to Prepare the chicken. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sounds like maybe you are getting protein poisoning. You went way too hard on low carb and ate nothing but chicken for weeks and now you don't have the nutrients to deal with all that meat. You'll have to eat some carbs if you want to stop barfing or else find some seal oil, liquid seal blubber, like they have in Alaska. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As Odd as it sounds you may have developed an allergy to it. I worked with a guy from Madagascar - he had terrible allergies after moving to the USA that never bothered him when he was a kid or when he lived in Madagascar, chicken was one of his more serious issues. Check with an allergist. 

• 1 month ago

How long are you cooking it for and at what temperature? I find cooking it for 25 minutes at 375°f makes it perfect and really tender 

• 1 month ago

Make sure it's thoroughly cooked.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.