Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 month ago

What type of stove oven is this? ?

Calling all stove and oven experts. What type of oven has NO heating elements and does NOT circulate air? Meaning the flat range on the top of the stove doesn’t get hot but the oven does, the oven heats up but no gas or heating elements.  Also I heard of ovens that circulate the air aka convection. Doesn’t that air carry liquid onto the crevices with food, bacteria and what ever else residues?

That thoughtful seems like a block broiler - an opening with a fire under it.

Other than that, there's no oven that 'conveys fluid into the hole with food'- - on the grounds that that sentence isn't even reasonable.

That kind sounds like a brick oven--a hole with a fire underneath it. 

Other than that, there's no stove that 'carries liquid into the crevices with food'--because that sentence is not even sensible. 

• Kate

I am currently shaking my head. None of this question or description makes any sense at all.

Get out of here you dopey troll.  You can't even be funny or use your imagination.

• garry

have you thought it cold be a wood burning stove ...proves troll dont think .

get the salesman to explain it to you ... flat black top could be an ordinary electric range or an induction range.   Knowing which is important -- aluminum or ceramic pots don't work with induction.  As for the oven -- the heating system might be concealed, or underneath [gas oven is this way].  And no -- the inside of the oven is sealed, including the seams, so bacteria aren't an issue [besides, the heat of the oven would kill the bacteria -- that's the point of heating a roast to at least 140 (f) degrees internal temperature.]  -- grampa

No heating elements means those fuses are burned out (yeah every electric stove has fuses.)  You show no picture so "I AM BLIND"!!! You will have to gamble and go into a furniture store with a picture so they can see.  It probably has a black glass top.  That was a thing.  Or it is a wood stove.

I know of no oven that doesn't use some kind of fuel. And what else is available in the average home except gas or electricity? The oven in a wood stove doesn't use gas or have elements and it doesn't circulate air, but the top of a wood stove gets hot even before the oven does so I don't suppose you mean a stove that burns wood.

I have an induction stove. That may be what you're thinking of. It has a flat top. The elements don't heat up on their own, only when a pot is placed on them, and they only get hot from the heat transferred from the pot. The oven has an element but it's under the floor of the oven so you don't see it.

I have never heard anything about convection ovens making liquid seep into crevices in food. A regular oven would do that anyway as food gets hot. The air that a convection oven circulates is the air inside the oven. It doesn't bring air in from outside. Stoves that have convection ovens allow you to use convection or not, as you wish. If it bothers you, then use a non-convection mode. If your oven is so dirty that bacteria is getting into the food from it, then I suggest covering the food while it's cooking, or cleaning the oven.

FANTASY. If it doesn't have heating elements, it IS NOT a stove or an oven. The SOLE purpose of both is heating food.

Meaning the flat range on the top of the stove doesn’t get hot but the oven does, the oven heats up but no gas or heating elements.

That is an OVEN, not a stove, with hidden heating elements. If it didn't have heating elements, it wouldn't heat.

Doesn’t that air carry liquid onto the crevices with food, bacteria and what ever else residues?

NO.

It must have a heating element.

Sometimes they will be hidden from view and are not visible in the oven cavity