Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Top floor apartment etiquette is this rude?

My husband and I are early morning people. We recently moved and sold our home. We got an apartment for the next year until we find a house. I feel bad for our downstairs neighbors because we have 2 dogs. Both are 70lbs both were approved by the complex. Our dogs sleep on the guest room bed and every morning at 5AM they are jumping down and you hear a loud “boom” (because they want to go out.) I’m trying to be as quiet as possible outside of this. Would it be rude to start a load of laundry before 9AM? I’m not sure how much the neighbors downstairs can/cannot hear or if they’ll hear our washing machine running. We’ve never lived in an apartment before. We wanted a bottom floor because of our dogs but there were none available until April! 

6 days ago

Even before the infamous Filioque, Roman Catholic pope said that he's the head of the church while Orthodox said that Jesus is the head of the church. Roman Catholics keep adding stuff to the official doctrine that the Apostles have taught while Protestants keep subtracting from it. Book of Revelation curse is on Roman Catholics and Protestants (it says: woe to those who add or subtract from this book, right?)...Their part in the kingdom of heaven is taken away and they are sent to hell. Orthodox Christian three hand signs are different than Buddhist mudras. Ecumenism = 263 heresies; each heresy leads to hell. Orthodoxy = the only true faith; Roman Catholics tried one cup - one spoon ritual and got sick with Bubonic plague; if heresy enters Orthodox monastery then monks/nuns will get sick with flu/tuberculosis (for instance); Orthodox churches who closed for COVID or had disposable cups/spoons or dipped spoon into alcohol are no longer brides of Christ (now they serve Satan and honor Satan's new COVID religion). Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good. SSN is written as a barcode/QRcode; then it's put into a chip; chip is put into vaccine; chipped people are influenced (by super computers) to receive grey plastic card World Passport with no name on it (but when they stretch their hands to get it, gov't clerk presses secret button to administer the unforgivable green 666 tattoo by isotope rays). If you reject mark of the beast then your direct ancestors go to heaven (according to saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov from Ural); forgive me.

Source(s): Documents are from Satan; burn all the documents that you can find. Electronics will be used to track you. Even old broken unplugged 1970 TV set will show the evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether. Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good; always pray the Jesus prayer or to saints who help right away (like saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov according to whom if you reject mark of the beast, then your direct ancestors go to heaven); forgive me.

Some washing machines in apartment buildings are set into soundproofed cabinets so maybe ask the landlord if any sound precautions have been taken with yours. As for the dogs...get a thick carpet if the guest room isn't already carpeted and buy them each a fluffy dog bed to put on the floor so they're not having to jump to get up out of bed. 

Your problem will resolve itself in April. Meanwhile, talk to your downstairs neighbors and share your concerns and good intentions with them. One possible alternative would be to pad the floor where they jump down; another could even involve sleep medications for your jumpy doggies. If I were your downstairs neighbor, I'd be plenty upset . You might wish to even offer trading apartments with them. And then, listen to them take up tap dancing above you!

I'm in a second floor apartment  of a 2 family house and have to go down to the basement where my washer and dryer are. I know my washer is very loud on the spin cycle because I can hear it from up here so I know the first floor can hear it. I think it is fine to do your laundry any time you want if it is in your own unit. since mine is loud I don't do laundry late at night or early mornings. 

It's very thoughtful of you to care about this stuff, but you never mentioned if you've asked them about any of it.  I've lived in condos for years, and I'd think any reasonable person would appreciate the consideration.  You might be worried about nothing.  It's possible the dog thumps aren't even bothering them.

On the laundry, 9 am is fine.  When you say before 9, I don't know what that means, but I'd think they'd appreciate being asked about this, too.  Then you'd try to adapt as much as possible.  

With all this said, when apts are poorly constructed, people on the 1st floor are always going to hear sounds from above, no matter how careful someone is.  I've never cared about this myself, but if someone does, it's not a smart choice to live on the ground floor.  Heck, it just occurred to me if they're nice people and they hear all this, you could offer to trade with them.  I'm sure the landlord wouldn't care.