Why do some employers want you to be doing 12 hr shifts. I came here to work, I don't live here!! ?

When I get home there's no enough time to sleep well through out the morning and to get prepared properly for the next day and do this 3 or 4 days in a row. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do they have a suggestion box?  Instead of filling it up with used wads of dirty chewing gum I would suggest they install employee beds, showers or full-blown apartments on the premises.  If they're going to abuse you like that then you might as well just live there so they can abuse you properly...

• April
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

One of my friends work as a Direct Support Professional (works at a group home for those with intellectual disabilities) and works 16+ hour shifts. Typical work week is over 80 hours. 

Working 12 hours 3-4 days/week is nothing. If you only work 40 hours, you have good work-life balance.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Plenty of people like to work only three days a week and have four off. I'd sure give it a try, if it was offered to me.

I think one of the hospitals nearby routinely schedules nurses for three 12 hour shifts a week. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some people do this 5 days a week permanently. If you don't like it then leave.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Plenty of people like 12-hour shifts.

You cut down on commuting hours.

You really can't eat & sleep in the 12 hours off shift? 

Leave the shopping, cleaning, laundry and going to the gym for the non-working days

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they long for the days when they could chain their workers to the workplace. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.