Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Curious Question: Do you believe that everyone deserves forgiveness? If so, why? If not, why?

No.  There is no forgiveness for murder (although there is eventual redemption) or for the sin against the Holy Ghost.

"Forgiveness" suggests offense committed.

• Archer

Forgiveness isn't "deserved" but is freely given by those who remove the significance of the individual and/or the act from their lives. It truly has nothing to do with the offender.

No one deserves it.  We have offended a holy  God, our Creator.  But in His mercy He  is ready and willing to forgive those who come to His Son, Jesus Christ, for salvation; trusting in the blood He shed for us and receiving Him as Lord and Savior.  John 1:12

Source(s): The Gospel of John (recommended reading)
  • David

No one deserves forgiveness.  I certainly didn't, but Jesus offered forgiveness through the blood he shed on the cross.

No, because forgiveness is nothing.  If I harm someone, eventually I'll die, and the person I harmed will die, so it really makes no difference. 

No one deserves forgiveness. That's why forgiveness is always based on GRACE. Grace is giving people what they don't deserve.

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).