Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

If Christians believe in a god and claim they get eternal life, then why are they always so depressed and taking illegal drugs all the time?

Honestly, I'd like to know the answer to that, too.  I think, in part, it is due to the fact that christians prey on depressed people and use their mental illness or psychological trauma to get them into the cult in the first place.  That's why there are so many there!

Christians still continue to sin, even after they are saved (1 John 1:8). While unbelievers only have one nature (their old sin nature), born again Christians have two natures (the old nature and a new one which is totally perfect). Believers have a choice to make every day. They can choose whether they will live according to their old or new nature. God promises blessings and future rewards for those who live according to their new nature (1 Cor. 3:9-15). In contrast, He will discipline His children when they walk in sin (Heb. 12:6-11).

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

There is no connection between your premise & your conclusion. 

Cite a reference on the statement that "so depressed and taking illegal drugs all the time".   

Great question.  Almost every Christian I know is like that.  I personally think it's because, deep down, they know their cult is false.