Coworker down playing skills and playing mind games?

I have a new coworker who spoke highly of her skills to me. I am in our field more experienced and qualified however, she comes from a similar career background and brings with her, her own skills. I had felt as if maybe she should be an equal or if she had the same experience as me, above me.

She is keeping track of my jobs and how much work I am doing, I know this as she asks me, how much I have completed each day. Next week she will be assigned her own files to complete.

I also feel she is trying to compete with me and take over my role. As I go to lunch and she has completed a task for me. She may be 'helping out' however, I believe she is up to something.

For the first two weeks she spoke highly of her skills and how much work she would do all at a great standard. Now, all of a sudden she is asking me how to do simple things she should know as she did them well to a high standard weeks ago  (I strongly believe she does know how to do as she is intelligent).

I feel she is up to something but I cannot figure out what, and I have no idea why she is suddenly down playing her skills to me and acting as if she needs my opinion and advice on everything. She talks herself up to others when they ask about her skills.

Everyone things she is a great worker and friendly and I do not want to cause any problems. However, I want to know what is going on to protect myself and my job.

D.E.B.S, no I do not like creating drama. Hence why I am asking here. And yes I do have a job.

maybe you should talk to your manager about it

drama queen, Yawn.

Based on your only two questions on here, you're either a troll or you thrive off creating drama at work.  To answer you question, just do your job (if you actually have one) and stop being the problem.