Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Can you prove that being gay is a choice? ?

for those who say it’ a choice i bet you can’t back that up with solid evidence.

?

Science has already proven this

@Rod

you have made a good point, yes i can explain, it called ( sexual fluidity ), research in the last decade shows that attractions and orientations can change throughout life.

and now the scientists are studying it

Until now 23 answers and there is no conclusive evidence, then for what reason did you say gay ( by choice ) ?

@anonymous

“gay = fetish”

Some things play a role in many factors,and others don’t.When you find yourself like an apple but don’t like orange,who forced you to be this way?you find yourself like this naturally,you are straight by inborn,in your view homosexuality is a fetish, and this is true,me as gay by inborn i see hetrosexuality is a fetish too,it’s like i say i see the number 6 and you stand the opposite to me and say i see9,both of us are correct but we should see from other perspective

it’s been two days and no one has been able to prove that homosexuality is a choice, all you are doing is you are trying to prove that the Bible says that it is a sin, this is not my request, we can forgive you if you give it up and live in peace my brothers

It seems we have found the truth, you say attraction is not a choice, sex is a choice, I agree with you on this, our attraction to the same sex is not a choice, so stop blaming us on something we have nothing to do with

@tootsie

No the answers were not satisfactory because they all try to prove homosexual is sin and that was not my question.

@alura

Then it’s force not a choice, but we have two gender why would we choose same sex ? nothing forced is, it’s our nature

You have the choice to not have sex or to have sex.

• Carym

Yes. “USAFisnumber1” has already done so.

Not to forget that the concept of God is inherently embedded in everyone; except that most replaced it with 'gods' of their own. 

A person who is physically deformed or transformed as a result of an extraordinary medical condition or body change cannot serve as an example to acquit the rest of the gays or reduce their punishment. For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God---His conscience.

Wow! Let’s delve a little deeper… decisions about sexual morality must be discerned according to a well-formed conscience, respecting “the interplay of freedom and responsibility.” Correct me if this is not in line with the Bible.

Too late [Galatians 6:5]; [Leviticus 18:22]; [Leviticus 20:13]; [1 Corinthians 6:9-10]; [Romans 1:26-28].Cheers.

• All sex is a choice, unless its rape

As a girl I never played with dolls - I was a tom boy. Tonka trucks and street hockey were my thing. The only 'porn' available back then was my father's collection of Playboy and Penthouse magazines... I never knew what a man looked like naked.

And yet I did not become a lesbian. Go figure.

But I DO remember the thought entering into my 12 year old head... about what it would be like to be with another female... and I dismissed the thought outright because it disgusted me. I KNEW there was something wrong with it.

The only evidence I have that being gay is a choice is that children don't think about sex... until it's PRESENTED.... and what they do with that knowledge is their choice... albeit a very immature one.

As a former sexual deviant (more lovers than I can remember) and made chaste for the Kingdom of God... I testify... not here to wag a finger at anyone or dictate to you what to think: just here like a reformed prostitute.... learning at the feet of my Saviour.... trying to get the other prostitutes down here with me.

Jesus' love is better than life itself and orgasm is just a hint of what it's like to be with Him. You have no clue what you've been missing.

NO!

"For there are eunuchs [or homosexuals] who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs..." (Matthew 19:12).

People aren't looking at the overall picture when "God created mankind to give Him glory" (Isaiah 43:7)

Who said "All power has been given unto Me" (Matthew 28:18)

And "the glory [aka "power"] that You have given Me, I've given them" (John 17:22)

When we are Holy Spirit baptized (Acts 1:5) and receive POWER (Acts 1:8).

Along with His (((POWER))) we receive (((SPIRITUAL GIFTS))) (I Corinthians 12:7-10) and (((SIGNS FOLLOWING))) (Mark 16:17-18)

Which includes "Casting out devils in His name" (Mark 16:17) and other "healings" and "miracles" (I Corinthians 12:9-10)

And is how we "Are a witness unto Him" of His (((POWER))) (Acts 1:8) 

"To give glory to His Name"  (Isaiah 43:7)

John 9:1-3  says

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 

And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? [Or homosexual]

Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

"The works of God" is His (((POWER))) that we receive after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8) 

"To give glory to His Name" (Isaiah 43:7)!

Someone might be born with a homosexual orientation (which is not sinful), but whether or not they act on those desires involves a choice. Homosexual behavior is condemned in the Scriptures (Rom. 1:26-27).

Moreover, the Bible teaches that we are all born dead in our trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1). We are all sinners who need a Savior.

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

Lets do devils advocate.   A.   It is a choice.   B.   You are born that way.    You want people to argue that it is a choice.    Lets argue the other way.    People are born gay.   However we have mapped the entire human genome and did not find a gay gene.   (A gene or set of genes that if you have them, you are gay.  If you do not have them,  you are not gay.)   So it is it is not a genetic issue.   But still,  you are born gay.   If it is not genetic then it is congenital.   There is something as you develop as a fetus that makes you gay.   (There is one article out there already about a particular steroid given women during pregnancy increasing the number of gay daughters born to them.)    So lets say there is some hormone exposure that makes you gay.  (This is also supported by the fact that subsequent sons have a higher rate of being gay than firstborn.)  So as a result of what happens in the uterus you are born gay.    Now,   I have heard gays say,  "Being gay is not a choice,  no one would choose to be gay."   So if we take that as fact then you could also say no parent would chose for their kid to be born gay either.   But if we find out what happens that make kids gay would not the parent do what was needed to NOT have their kid be born gay?   If being gay is a congenital issue and we find out what it is,   we could fix it and no more kids would be born gay.     How about that?   

Many, many people have paid good money for conversion therapy, and come out of it with the same attraction as they started with. Clearly it is not a choice for them, as they chose to try to change, and failed.

• gillie

I think there are some Christians who have to choose not to be gay every day of their lives.

Ask yourself some simple questions. Why would anyone choose to be gay when over the centuries gay men have been persecuted, gaoled and even executed, and still are in many parts of the world. If it is a choice, why would millions of gay men marry women and have children but remain gay, even though they might never have sex with another man?

Homosexuality is a natural part of human sexuality just as it is in over a thousand species of other mammals and birds including all the primates. Studies have shown that it improves the viability of a species which is why it has not been selected against by evolution.