Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 month ago

Can a rat with three feet live a full life?

If a rat had three feet would it be able to live a happy life? Would it be fair to the rat or should it just be put down? What challenges would a rat with three feet face? The scenario being that the rat lost its foot at around 6 months old and doesn't seem to cause any pain. 

Why sure, especially a pet under a keepers care.

Just a minor handicap they can adapt to.

yes. I used to breed gerbils and I had a pinkie that got his foot tangled in the fluff and the mother chewed his paw off. His name was Tray and he lived a full 3-4 year life and it was the cutest thing watching him eat sunflower seeds with his little stub

The rat should be fine.  Three feet is enough for a pet rat.  Even a wild rat would probably get by all right.  

• God

If the rat has someone to provide food and drink I think it would be able to live a good life. 

3/4 of a full life.  

ALL rats should be put down.