Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

Kamala Harris 2028-2036?

She'll be Madam President by 2023, making her eligible to run in 2024 and 2028 but not beyond that (unless Congress is planning to reverse the 22nd Amendment, which TBH wouldn't surprise me a bit). 

much sooner, within the year

the thing is...........8 years is a long time in politics.......anything can happen between now and then.   People talk of Biden stepping down and her becoming president before then. 

What if she needs to step down for some reason?  what if some scandal comes up? 

Not the first time a VP  had to resign.........Spiro Agnew was forced to resign,  over tax issues , under Nixon.......that's how he got to APPOINT  Ford....... who then, unbelievably, got to be president,  when Nixon himself was forced to resign. 

The only president never elected to office ! 

and many believe  Biden won't run for a second term, so Kamala might be well positioned to give it a whirl in 2024. 

It is no doubt an exhausting job, and Biden is already 78.......in 4 years he'll be 82....... will he still have another 4 years in him? 

I think he got what he wanted,  he finally got to be president, and having done so for 4 years, will probably graciously step aside in 2024 and push hard for the first WOMAN President ever. 

That seems the most likely to me. 

• xg6

I'm ok with that

Are you assuming Biden will be president for two terms?