Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 month ago

I’m looking for led light strips that will light up from one end to the other end in a smooth gradual manner. Is there such thing to buy?

I know it’s very specific but it’s for a project I’m working on for school. All the ones I’ve seen for sale via Amazon, or the like, are led light strips that light up as a whole or have a blinking loop to them. The light strips also need to be flexible as they’re being laid down into a circular compartment. If you know of any sellers with such specifications, and can list them in the comments, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 Answers

  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Looks like some of these have DIY mode 

  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    specialty led lights? maybe try looking at the light kits kids jazz up their cars with, google "automotive light effect kits"

  • John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    When a kid I used to make them. I used neon lamps and capacitors. The size of the capacitor between each neon lamp determines frequency of the display. It's DC and the guy at Whitehead Electric gave me free old radio batteries. I got the capacitors free from old TV sets at home. I had to buy the neon lamps but they were cheap. That is how I learned to solder using Dad's soldering gun and his solder. The emitted color of the neon lamps is orange but that shouldn't trash your science project.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.