HP Pavilion 0023W came without a cd-player, Why?

Update:

how am I suppose to install flight simulator?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't know where you've been in the past decade, but DVDs on PCs have become less and less common since most people either stream or download their games and other content, especially for PCs. You can still buy an external DVD drive and be able to install DVD games. It's not that big of a deal.

• BigE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you can get the thin dvd drive for pavillion's for about $30.  I like to use a usb/dvd player because I have laptops without dvd drives and I find that dvd players often fail before the computer does.  Those are around $30 also, depending on usually what write options you want which most people don't care about.

• 1 month ago

they are cheaper to build that way and the case can be smaller and lighter.  get an external DVD drive and you're good -- likely about $50 online

• 1 month ago

Seriously?  My 2021 Toyota came without an 8-track tape player.  I think I will sue Toyota!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Laptop/notebook makers have been moving towards thinner and more lightweight, peripheral-based designs.  They're building towards an "internet only installation."  So you will have to order devices like dvd/bluray rom drives as external devices (usb/et al) if not available internally.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06693646#Ab... has the specs, and it does not include any internal rom drive.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.