Graphics card help?

I am a first time PC builder and of course I choose the worst time to try to build my own PC. I'm having such a hard time finding a graphics card and I don't want to pay over retail price. I refuse to pay the scalpers. After much deliberation I decided that I do want to just get a cheaper graphics card as a placeholder until things "get better". I really need my pc up and running for work. Can I get some recommendations? Doesn't have to be fancy. A friend said maybe the 1650. I will be using it for work and gaming.

I was aiming to get the ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Dual Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card $499.

I attached a list of the parts I bought. I also got windows 10.

The answer is obvious.  Your chosen motherboard has HDMI and Displayport graphics ports built in.  (if I read the specs. right)  So just swap the processor for the slightly cheaper (but just as capable) Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7GHz APU.  It will excel for work, and you will be able to do gaming with it also...although at reduced detail and slower frame rates.  If possible, try to swap the RAM for Corsair brand.  Ryzen APUs are picky about RAM.

You will end up with a VERY capable system...and can always add a dedicated graphics card later.  The 3400G will keep up well with any dedicated graphics card, no bottleneck there.  BONUS:  The 3400G APU has built-in graphics that are pretty good, even for moderate gaming.  Problem solved, I think...

• Lv 7

um, not sure what you THOUGHT it should cost, but the MSRP for the RTX 3060 is about $489. those aren't scalpers' prices, that just what it costs.

even the 2060 is about $420. you should shop around, and not just go by one website, if you want actual pricing. it's possible you were seeing outdated pricing. but that is what happens with supply and demand. if something ends up being in high demand, they raise the price of it. and sometimes, they PLAN on releasing something at one price, then it gets so many preorders that they boost the price on launch day.

you didn't really say what you want to be able to play, or give a budget, so i'm not sure what to recommend you, but the Radeon RX 5600 XT is pretty good. and pretty close to the same price of the 1650, while outperforming both it AND the 1660!

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.h...

So for some reason I am not allowed to comment on your comment. I honestly have no idea how to build I computer which is why I'm very thankful you have answered my question! So I can build this without getting an actual graphics card bc my motherboard has it built in???? Is that what you are saying? As long as I swap out my processor?