Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Should I just play along with this? Can a relationship happen ?

I know he just wants something casual with me 

He knows I want a relationship 

We have had sex in the past. Now I’ve stopped. I’ve promised myself to only sleep with him again if we are both on the same page about what we want 

For some reason, despite knowing that I want a relationship he still flirts with me and in fact is chasing me more than before 

If I play along with it and just be friendly without getting too attached, will that make him like me /want more from me? 

I’ve basically declined a couple of times when he has asked me to go over. And I’ve told him several times that I’m ok with just being his friend that I don’t want to sleep with him anymore 

He’s been talking to me quite a bit lately. Just friendly talk. I really like him and I do want to sleep with him 

It’s just that I want a relationship with him 

Is it ok to continue this way? Is there a chance that he would eventually change his mind and want more than just something casual? 

We have known each other for a long while now and I know there is at least SOME form of emotional connection / friendship between us 

• steph

I had an F buddy before and told him I wanted a relationship and he didn’t so better to end it. I stopped all contact and when he saw I had a bf a few years later he was constantly texting me etc I just told him I’m with someone now it’s not fair to them, you had your chance. Maybe try the same technique. Say your seeing someone be vague and if he leaves you alone he only wanted the attention if he fights for you and tells you his true feelings then try it but Make sure it’s on your terms 

• T J

Why play games?  be done with it already...If he wants you, he will come to you.

Take it from a man. He is not going to convert from wanting casual sex, to wanting a committed indefinite relationship. There is NO CHANCE he's going to change his mind. 

"Committed indefinite relationship" is just a modern code-word meaning MARRIAGE. 

You would need to ask yourself and truly answer: "Is he going to propose marriage to me?"

That's what you need to know to answer your question. Everything else is just weasel-words. 

Don't deceive yourself!All that's going to happen is that you're going to frustrate him, and he's going to try to deceive you. Let's suppose you're successful. He's so frustrated trying to have sex with you, that he says "Okay, I'll "have a relationship" with you. *Then* he can have sex with you. So what do you think is going to happen in that relationship? He's not going to desire other women? Of course he is! He's NOT SUITABLE for you. Some women - commonly known as slvuts -  want casual sex and then to be left. You're not one of them. Stop wasting your time and his. 

Of course I dont know your full story, but it seems like I was in a situation like this but from the dude's perspective. It was from ages 19-21 and I honestly just wanted to sleep with her, and i flirted with her and was friendly and we knew each other for a long time, I dont know what was wrong with me because now I feel like I was such an a*shole. We have both moved on and in relationships but I did send her a message a couple years ago just apologizing for not respecting her because I knew what she wanted all along. I think the answer is you should let him go because he doesnt sound very mature.