Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do atheists insist without evidence that God is a lie?

• Phil M

The laws of nature demand that things "fall into place" giving the illusion of order in an otherwise chaotic universe.

ATHEIST  a person NOT CONVINCED  of a god proposition ..... PERIOD ..... LIE   to make a untrue  statement  with INTENT  to DECEIVE , to create a false or misleading  impression

a PERSON making a CLAIM  has the BURDEN of PROOF

People who  are  THEIST of all theistic  religions  have the burden of proof to demonstrate the CLAIM  of gods as do non theistic religions  have a burden  to demonstrate their claims of the SUPERNATURAL  PROPOSITION such as   reincarnation afterlife spirits ghost  heaven hell    claims of places or torment or paradise

I will answer this question from a different angle. Since we are offered ONLY two choices, GOD or evolution, as our creators, wouldn't it be reasonable to attack the latter? At least we can properly attack that which is attackable, ie. theory of evolution.

GOD bless

Where is your evidence that god ISN'T a lie?

The bible doesn't count.  I want video.

• Paul

Give the poor guys a break. You know very well that there is no such thing as evidence of non-existence.  If they want to run around claiming that someone known by hundreds of millions of people doesn't exist because they themselves don't know Him, what can you say? It's their fantasy, even though its totally irrational.

1 + 1 cannot equal 3.  No matter how powerful the being, it cannot be true.  He could redefine what the symbols mean, but the concept is immutable.  Logic is more powerful than God.  

So if I can find logical contradiction in a version of God, then that God cannot exist.  And the Christian God is littered with contradictions.  Therefore he cannot exist.  At least, no God consistent with the Bible can exist.  

It is true, I cannot disprove conclusively that a perfectly abstract God does not exist.  But no one worships a perfectly abstract God.  

But neither do I NEED to disprove such an abstraction.  Because anyone who is logically consistent will not assume something exists without evidence.  To do so while being logically consistent would require believing in ALL THINGS that have no been disproven.

For example, I have an all-powerful invisible friend named Rufus.  Rufus ATE your God.  Now, I can't prove that, but neither can you DISprove it.  So if you believe things without proof, you must believe that Rufus ate your god.  But you don't believe that?  Why?  Because I offer no proof.

• Den B7

Atheists aren't trying to disprove any gods, they just don't believe in them. 

Satan. He whispers in their ears while covering their eyes, and what's worse, he convinces them he isn't there.

Perhaps for the same reason that theists assert the opposite.

We don't. We say that without testable evidence to support claims that gods exist, we don't believe they do. That is not calling any god a lie.