Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

What is the likely incentive for this man's actions?

I met this guy and we went on a couple of dates and he seemed very interested and the feeling was mutual. We talked a lot on the phone and seemed to be communicating regularly.

Then he seemed to completely back off and when I asked him why he told me that he didn't feel any chemistry and he was rude about it.

Then he contacted me a couple of months later and told me he thought about me a lot. I wasn't buying into and it seemed like a game so I blocked him and cut communication.

3 months later a random account started liking my art/photography on instagram. I never met this person or heard of them. I barely have any followers and don't go on often. My account was public so anyone could see. This guy started liking a lot of my photos consistently. I clicked on his page and saw photos of him with the guy I went on the dates with, so clearly they were friends. Then friend of mine told me over the phone that this same guy I'd previously dated had messaged her and asked her how I was doing also on instagram.

Why would he bother to do that when he clearly told me we had no chemistry

It doesn't matter. The important thing you need to understand is, you're wasting your time with him. 

Be patient. You will know when the guy is right for you because it will just click easily because of the chemistry. 

I expect that he had met someone else when he cooled off with you, but no longer sees her. You might want to give him a chance if you like him, but be careful I suggest.

That's weird. Ghost both and move around

He was most likely talking to multiple women at once and you were the woman who gave him the most effort/attention/etc, but maybe it was getting serious with another girl so he cut things off with you. Then they didn't work out and he wants to get that attention back on him through you. You did well on blocking him, I wouldn't give a guy like that another chance. If he was rude before you guys date, then I can't imagine how much worse he can be if you guys were to reconnect.