$15 Minimum wage?

I live in Texas and the current job I'm working pays me $15 dollars a hour, it pays more than we're the current minimum wage is at. If minimum wage jumps up to $15. Will my job increase my pay even more? I work in a warehouse, Forklift drive. 

$7.25 is current minimum wage. Making 8 dollars more than that. So, they would have to bump my pay to 23 dollars. If this $15 minimum wage happens. 

That's one of the problems with raising the minimum wage.  Legally the company doesn't have to raise your pay.  (at least that's how it's worked in the past).  But then you'd be making minimum wage, and that's not cool.

Usually your employer would raise your pay even though they don't have to.  So everyone's wages go up.  And then prices go up.  And you end up where you started.

Minimum wage is for jobs with upward mobility, where your employer SHOULD reward a good employee with an incentive to stay.  Imagine their cost if all min-wage employees simply left for other min-wage jobs and the employer now has to recruit and train replacements.  Only a fool of a boss would allow that to happen.

It may but does not have to depends on your employer. He may even drop it to minimum wage 

This seems to be lost in this discussion. ANY minimum wage job is NOT A CAREER! No matter what minimum wage is.....if you are a good employee, no employer is going to want you to leave. For the current Administration to make the minimum $15.00 is nothing but pandering to a voter base that is so unable to help themselves, they need Govt to do it for them. 

• Gary

IF your employer is decent your pay SHOULD go up some but I doubt it will go up proportionally BUT if your employer is like mine your pay will stay the same BUT the company's prices will go UP because the cost of materials WILL also go up and so the owner makes more so in the end the "buying power" for your pay will go WAY DOWN just like getting a reduction in pay because the cost of EVERYTHING WILL GO UP!!! If you like McDoubles for $2 they're going to NOW cost $3 - $4 or the current 2 for $5 big mac deal being 2 for $8 - $10!!! The thing that will hit home the most is the businesses that rely on minimum wage workers WILL be the ones that will REQUIRE large price increases and/OR lowered employment creating MASSIVE job losses to remain profitable and the majority of people making over $15/hr WILL have a MASSIVE loss of "buying power"!!!

• James

Skilled labor will always pay more. Raising the minimum wage will drive up everyone’s wages.

If this $15 minimum wage happens. If they don't increase my pay. There wouldn't be a point in staying. When I could just go back and work in food and get the same amount of money and work 50 hours a week being in a building with AC. So, guess it's a wait and see. I highly doubt minimum wage will go to $15 or even be pass though the senate and approve. 

I would expect the usual min wage jobs, like retail, fast food, etc, to lay people off or go to part time, which may also impact employers like yours, who have people like you who are in a higher paygrade.  

This will mean that the purchase prices of goods will have to rise.  It is already enough to get a cheap sandwich at the deli or a hamburger at the drive-thru.  With the pandemic, I don't even go to those places any longer, myself.  

If you do realize an increase in your pay, it will likely be eaten up by the rise in taxes Biden has planned.

We will be back down in terms of the lifestyle to that which we experienced with prior Dem administrations.  Food in the grocery store was already much higher due to the "pandemic" (as well as paper goods and cleaning supplies.)

Then, he will add a federal increase in gas tax as well as cutting off the Keystone XL pipeline, and he has stopped all permits for drilling and fracking.  We were (under Trump) actually for the first time ever, meeting all our own energy needs and even selling a lot to other countries.  Now, we won't even have enough for ourselves. Also, while I'm on the soapbox, he is going, oops, NO, he is SENDING us back into war.  Sending troop envoys to Syria.  

Wow, look a the damage that dude has done in only TWO days.  SMH

You can only hope.

They will have to raise your pay or risk losing you to another employer.