How is possible  Barack Obama, being born from a white mother and black father is considered black?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because he has a black father

• 1 month ago

He looks black and is half African American.  Has a black voice.  Good point, though.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because looks blacker than he does white.

Jane -- Since when is Kenya in the Middle East?

• 1 month ago

No idea. He looks a lot like my uncle (he's white with a tan) and very different from your typical Nigerian or Congolese.

His father is Kenyan, that'd perhaps explain his European/Middle Easterner looks (of course, his mother is white).

@anonymous, it's not in the Middle East, but some groups from Kenya are genetically closer to Arabs and Europeans than West Africans due to prehistoric migrations.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because of his skincolour. Nobody considers him white.

yecalrae is wrong. Genes are not "washed out", It's just that you can pass on only 23 of your 46 chromosomes to the same kid. When two "halfwhites" make a baby, baby can be fullwhite, halfwhite, or non-white. It's a lottery

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because he looks "black" enough to pass for such zxjqkdvw

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 1 month ago

Anglo nations practice rule of hypodescent where mixed Europeans are lumped in with their non-European side.  Other cultures and nations practice other forms of racial designations for mixed race individuals.  For example, in Iberian/Hispanic society, the rule of hyperdescent, instead of hypodescent, is practiced where mixed race individuals are lumped in with their Iberian/European side.  Both are a form of one drop rules to either keep the European side pure in the case of the Anglos or to wipe out the non-Europeans in the case of Latin America... 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have a mexican mother and a white father but black folks would still consider me white cause of my pale skin and light brown hair.                    

• 1 month ago

Cause whites reject him and blacks accept him.

No white person will ever refer to brother Barack as a white man and that's cause he has black in him but we will call him a black man despite the fact he has white in him. 

We all got some white in us unfortunately even though we got two black parents we got white in us most of us have anyway and no it wasn't by consent.

• Craig
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Because most white people generally refuse to consider a mixed child to be the same as them, they MAKE UP a distinction.  They imagine their "whiteness" to be of some consequence, so they ASSIGN the kid to some other "race".

Most non-white people generally aren't so apt to consider the kid's genetic heritage to have such significance.  So if white people want to declare that a kid is black, it's fine with them.

The kid and the kid's parents are free to think whatever they want on the matter.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.