Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is it okay to cheat on your spouse if the marriage is unhappy ?

A relative of mine did this to her husband and my mother talks like it’s okay since this person was unhappy.  

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

"Cheat, deceive, trick, victimize refer to the use of fraud or artifice deliberately to hoodwink or obtain an unfair advantage over someone".

Your mother is wrong. Ask her how she would feel if it was her spouse.

• 1 month ago

No.  As long as you remain married, honor your vows. Work on your marriage or give up on it, but don't stay where you are.

• i + i
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, it is not okay. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It does happen when people are frustrated..For me the first marriage was rough...no sex the last 12 yrs...and I took a lover.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There is a bit of a double standard.  Women can be more tolerant.  I bet your mother knew some level of unhappiness in her marriage and can understand where the other person is at.  It isn't that it is OK but it can be understandable.  After the event it is too late to prevent it.

• 1 month ago

No, cheating is never ok, whether you're unhappy or unsatisfied or whatever the excuse is. If you do not like your relationship, get out of it and then go on to do whatever it is you want to do. Cheating is completely selfish and not a solution to marital problems. If you can't talk about your issues and resolve them, then breakup and move on. To go behind your partners back and seek satisfaction elsewhere while continuing to stick around, on top of thinking that what you're doing is also right, you have deep seeded mental issues that need be addressed. How could anyone think that going out and satisfying their own needs while simultaneously disregarding their partners needs, or not dealing with the real issues and solving them in a productive way that either strengthens the relationship or satisfies the needs of both parties involved by simply ending the relationship, could ever be considered a good thing is beyond me. Your mother is a fool and your other relative is a fool. Nobody deserves to be cheated on and no excuse is ok. If you are unhappy, don't stay in the relationship. Simple as that. It's unfair to the other person and you are simply taking advantage of a situation in order to satisfy your own selfish urges, while also taking advantage of your partner by staying with them and wasting their time and energy and whatever else, continuing to allow both of you to live together in misery, when you both could be moving on to other things that actually make you happy.

• 1 month ago

IT IS NEVER OK TO CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE. I don't understand how someone could encourage this...

• T J
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, its not ok to cheat. If you are unhappy, get a divorce. Then go and do the entire town if you want. Your Mother is nuts. Bet if it were your father cheating, she would not say its ok....Ask her.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

that's awful...he should leave her. No guy deserves that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.