Finding a roommate for housing at college?

I realized I’m going to be going to a community college pretty far away so I know I will need housing. I’m about 10 minutes from a big university so I’m looking at housing around that university. I’m looking at probably a 3-4 bedroom apartment/townhouse so how would I find roommates for that? Anyone that I know going to that university is most likely dorming because they are freshman so I don’t know anyone. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

You can ask around in your community, post on Facebook pages and other message board, and reach out to the student services office at your community college.  Even if the school doesn't have a housing office (most community colleges don't), they usually have someone who can help facilitate housing.  

You might also want to look for a smaller place if you anticipate difficulty finding roommates.

• jim
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You can rent at many different places all over.

• 1 month ago

You don't want housing near the university, rooming with upperclass students. Also housing within walking distance of a university campus typically commands premium prices. You need to find something near the community college. If the CC does not have dorms, they may have a housing office listing rooms & apartments available neara campus. Instead of taking the risks of finding RELIABLE roommates who promptly pay their rent & utilities, and don't talk you into spending on pizza or other frivolities, and fail to do their share of housekeeping, you are probably better off renting a room with kitchen privileges near CC campus.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most CC and universities have some sort of community board that services student to find room mates.  Ask student services at both schools.

Found this in seconds for our local CC

https://www.roomsurf.com/harpercollege-roommates

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Universities have lists of accommodation , presume colleges have the same.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.