How do I know if an unmarked cop car is a real cop ?

I’m a really paranoid person, so I’m wondering how I can tell if an unmarked car is a real cop, and not someone trying to kidnap or kill me or something. I’m asking because theoretically I could go to a light store, put some red and blue flashing lights on my car, and just pull someone over. At night, it looks very real, and that’s when criminals love to come out. I know this is illegal, but like every law, it still gets broken by of course criminals. What would I do in these situations?

Unmarked cop cars don't have lights on the hood, or lights you can buy from a "light store" at all. 

Also, if if you believe that someone is impersonating an Officer, you should tell them that you do not believe they are an Officer, lock your car and roll up your windows and dial 911 immediately. The dispatcher can quickly confirm if the person is an actual Officer or not. 

If you're really paranoid, get the cop's name and badge number and call the police station to verify the information.