Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

it is true for married people?

when you first time met your future spouse, that you just know that that person is the one.    Once a man told me that "you know when you see her".  When I asked "how do you know that woman will be my wife?"

So is it True?? 

• Ya-Hoo

I don't know. I saw a woman dancing around a pole that seemed like she'd be a good wife, but when I asked if she'd marry me she started laughing.

We made an immediate eye connection, and there was immediate chemistry.  I had a good sense that he was a possible hubby. 

Sometimes yes, but you need to date a person first, to get to know them. My husband said when he first saw me, he couldn't stop staring and that he felt a very strong attraction to me and said to himself, "she's the one I'm going to marry". I had seen him starring at me, only I didn't really think much of it at the time, given that men are always hitting on girls all the time you're just used to it, so I just ignored him, but I thought to myself, what an attractive man. He kept hanging around my work area and his face would turn a bright pink whenever I would look up at him. So we got talking and then he asked my out on a date, the rest is history, we ended up getting married. No we did not have sex before our marriage as I am a Christian.

• Raja

No it is not true . First time you might like her but you need time to associate her and get to know whether she will be wife material in time to come .  

It wasn't true for me.  At first all we were doing was trying to be considerate of the OTHER person. We weren't after each other at all.  But quickly that changed and after three months I was confident that I could have a great life with her.  After two and a half years she agreed.

no it is not true

infatuation is the instant attractionthere are many things that ruin a marriage and if you do not respect them before marriage in a discussion and even writingyou loose

Some people are more intuitive than others and will say they could tell just by looking at someone that they'd be a good match. But in reality you have to get to know someone well to really be certain they're marriage material. It's quaint when you hear older people say it was "love at first sight". But life was much simpler in the past and most people had basically the same or similar values and could assume certain things about each other. Now that human life and marriage requires managing a lot more moving parts you really have to spend the time to know what you're getting. 

• Kelly

My husband said he knew right away or thought he knew but wanted to make sure, plus I had kids so he had to consider them too.  After he met them, he had to build relationships with them and when he took me on he took them on too.

Me, I wasn't so sure..  I actually tried to find things wrong with him.  I gave him all sorts of stereotypes (he comes from an affluent background) and I was wrong on every last one of them.

Despite how different we are it still works.

No. We fall madly in love, don’t we, thinking (feeling rather) that it will last forever and is enough for a serious relationship. However, it’s very hard to live on an emotional high for very long. Eventually we start to come down from the ecstasy, excitement, strong passions and desires, typically after around 18 months to three years (people vary of course). If couples are friends, discuss their mutual values, shared ambitions, interests, etc., in some depth (obviously there will be some differences, which help make relationships interesting), and make plans, work on their personal development, etc., this can develop into a long and wonderful relationship. If one party feels insecure or low in self respect, it can make for a difficult partnership. It's easy to behave at our best when in love, but marriage, for example, requires a lot of self discipline, sacrifice, compromise and flexibility. If a strong friendship is not in place, the relationship will probably peter out eventually - or worse. Quite often we fall in love because we are lonely and allow ourselves to be won over by anyone who takes an interest in us. Thus we give away control to somebody else if we are not careful. This is another reason for taking things very slowly, and really getting to know someone before committing ourselves or getting too emotionally or sexually involved. Sex can be emotionally bonding, which is disastrous if the other things are not there: strong friendship, similar values and standards, common interests, etc.

• Petter

Of course not.