Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

When men run to rescue a woman is it just for their ego to show off or because they really care about the woman even if she is a stranger ?

I see many clips on YouTube where men run into a rescue, they play real life Superman and save women from danger from example when she tries to commit suicide and spring of a bridge or when a woman gets hit and shoved around by her boyfriend or when she falls in water and almost drowns or when she passes out and faints they come to her rescue. I was wondering do these men do this out of real kindness because they care and worry or is it just to show off and act tough in front of other people? This are all random stranger women, not women they personally know so I was wondering do they actually really care? I feel like it’s just for their ego but maybe i’m wrong...

Probably/possibly because they care about others and would do the same for another man too.

Weird. I haven’t seen any of these videos. 

Maybe you should stop looking for content that annoys or upsets you 

• ?

Anyone who makes sure their actions are being captured for future upload usually isn't doing it for the right reasons.

Yes.  Or because they value human life, or because they're reacting without really thinking, or probably many other reasons.  People are complex, and it is rarely the case that there is one motivation that applies to all people who do a particular behavior.

"When men run to rescue a woman is it just for their ego to show off or because they really care about the woman even if she is a stranger ?"

Feminists call that male behaviour "toxic masculinity" when it doesn't benefit women.  Of course, when it does benefit women, like in these instances, then it's considered to be normal human behaviour, and expected of men.

In reality, this protection of women is ingrained in most men at the evolutionary level.  And this is why most human societies always prioritize women and children. Including our supposed equality based Western societies which still to this very day will rate a catastrophe based on if it is one that "includes many women and children" among the victims.

Feminism actively exploits this male behaviour on the one hand in order to have society keep providing women with the traditional female privileges on the one had, while demanding equality and expecting men to "man up" by shutting up about that unfairness of equal Rights without equal Responsibilities for women on the other hand.  They further have the audacity to label that same male behaviour as "toxic masculinity" whenever it does anything other than serve their interests, even if it is just boys roughhousing as they have since time immemorial.

.

• Iampro

It's because they value human life.

Although, I don't agree with Bill that that is something EVERY man would do. Or even most men. 

• ?

You're wrong. People who go out of their way to save another persons life are just good people who actually care about others. Normal, decent human beings don't care at all about ego. None of the people you see want to play superman, because they're grown adults just trying to live their life and happen to be in the right place at the right time. Had they not done what they did, that person would probably be dead. I saved a woman's life one time when she was choking. I didn't do it for ego or attention or any of that crap. I did it to save her life, and because I was the quickest to react and knew the Heimlich Maneuver. I didn't get a trophy or in the news or any special treatment, and I don't care about that nor do I want it. All that mattered was that she was safe. Other people panic and either don't know what to do or don't want to get involved in any of these situations, and those first few seconds can make all the difference between life and death. Life is too short to be consumed by things like ego and showing off, and those people don't deserve death, so why wouldn't you try to save them? Not everyone is an a**hole on this planet, thankfully, and I'm sure those people who were saved are feeling pretty happy about getting to continue living.

• Bill

Neither. Being a defender of others is in every mans core being and it just kind of triggers when a situation that needs them presents itself. 

<--- Been there. 

Men are programmed to protect the tribe. Its a selfless act not ego.

Some have stronger genetic influence for it, like firefighters or 1st responders.

Its also patterned behavior. From childhood its "protect weaker kids from bullies".

Also "Don't hit girls and beat up boys who do".  We are following our programming.