Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 month ago

Would starting up my own dog grooming business work out well? Would it be worth the time and money?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It won't work out well if you take advice from a bunch of clueless anonymous Yahoos on an internet message board.

The real answer to your question about whether it would be worth the time and money is, "I don't know, you tell me."

That's what a comprehensive business plan is for. First you start and run the business on paper, going through market, marketing, tax and accounting, revenue management, capital requirements, your income needs, state and local regulations, insurance, and on and on.

If you're not willing to put the time and effort into a comprehensive business plan, you're not committed enough and won't succeed in any business.

• 1 month ago

It's expensive,  the equipment needed is going to cost around $4,000. Then there's store rental,  insurance, the regular health and fire inspections,  you need training in the field to be licensed, which usually means apprenticeship for a few years,  etc. 

It's not something you just jump into. 

• 1 month ago

No one could answer that without more information. If  you live in a town of 100 people where there are 3 dogs, then no. If you live in a town with a lot of people, but too many dog groomers, then no. If you live in a place with a lot of dogs, and no groomers, then yes. That's why you do a business market analysis.

• 1 month ago

just try it and see and then you'll know

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Chances are not good. But its a free market. give it a shot if you want.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.