Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

will my probation officer know if I prank call him from my friends phone ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They will trace the phone.

Do you think your friend will take the fall instead of turning you in?

Do you think your PO won't recognize your voice?

• 1 month ago

He won’t care he just there to pick up his or her check.

• 1 month ago

Probation officer's do not have super powers.  If you spoof from an app from independent number; you can call you probation officer from the white house.  

• 1 month ago

Yeah I would not even think of doing that. They can track the phone and they'll track it back to you and most likely if you're lucky he'll give you a warning and if you screw up once he'll send you back to jail. So seriously I wouldn't think of doing that unless you don't care about going back to jail.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can bet that your probation officer has the phone number and that he can get the phone records for that number.  And on that record would be your phone number, and from that your name.  So, then the record would show the time of the calls and from that that you had hatched the plot.  Now the probation officer would do nothing. He will put you on his bad *** list and wait until you screw up.  Then he will recommend you go back to prison, and you will.  You will never know why.

• 1 month ago

My question is why would you want to do something so utterly stupid that it would violate your probation and send you back to jail/prison? You clearly aren't playing with a full deck, if you think that this is bright idea, that its funny, or most importantly that it would benefit you in any shape.

Will he find out? Probably! First off he/she would recongize your voice, that would be dead give away #1. Secondly, even if he/she didnt't know your voice, all he/she would have to do is call the number back, and then your friend would sell you out so fast your head would spin.

Time to grow up.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This happens ALL the time, so, yes, probably.  It's not a bad idea.  That way you don't have to serve the term of probation, because you will go directly to jail.

• 1 month ago

if he recognizes your voice, you're in trouble.  you need to remember that he has the power to jail you for the weekend or longer ...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Since that job is often a target, there are legal and communication programs that capture the telephone numbers of perpetrators. Even with burner phones.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Possibly yes he or she will know.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.