Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

When Japan allied with Germany during ww2 ?

If Germany won the war would they eventually turn on Japan 

22 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I suspect they would have just carved up the world between them. Germany would have wanted Europe especially that part of Russia. The other end of Russia would have been too far to control properly so the Japanese could have that. 

Japan wanted China , the oil fields of the East Indies and Australia.

That leaves America. South America would have probably been Germany’s but the USA and Canada had resources both sides would have needed especially oil. That might have agreed or maybe that would have triggered WW3.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There's no absolute way of knowing w/o changing history z

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 1 month ago

At the time Japan was deeply embroiled in China, Korea, Philippines and various Islands ie, Formosa  now known as Taiwan. I think both Japan and Germany were trying to draw each other into other war zones to weaken each other.  Japan needed help, too.  I see Germany as realizing quickly what Japan was trying to do.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Absolutely no way. There is no reason for that. Hitler was always very keen on the European part of the Soviet Union. That was initially his only reason for having started the war on Poland and remained his top priority, even far more important than the Battle of Britain. And even if Hitler had won against the USSR and the US would not have entered the war, it would have taken Nazi Germany more than a handful to have fully "cleansed" their conquered part of the USSR. This would probably have taken ALL of Nazi Germany's attention.

Hitler's problem was rather that Japan was not as interested in the USSR than Nazi Germany, because a German attack in the Western USSR and a Japanese attack on Siberia actually have benefited Germany. But both were interested in very different areas.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

On September 27, 1940, the Axis powers are shaped as Germany, Italy and Japan become aligns with the marking of the Tripartite Pact in Berlin.

• 1 month ago

Ultimately they would have turned on one another, as both were driven by ideologies dedicated to total rule.

• 1 month ago

The goal was for Japan to control the Pacific and Germany Europe. If the war had been successful I'm sure they would have eventually turned on each other.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Both where fascist regimes..............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Japan's Imperialism sought to control the Pacific. This did not conflict w/ Germany. This is what's known. Your request seeks an opinion on what's unknowable. Whatever you think is fine w/ me. Insert that here __.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"Alliances" means that they have common political interests. You don't turn on an ally.

Your question makes the presumption that Germany was trying to take over the world - which is an imbecilic absurdity. You need to learn something about history to understand why such an idea is impossible.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.