Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Does wearing a mask diminish your immune system?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

mo nojjijijmbhygyhghyghgbhv

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably a little,  but the entire year not as much as eating a candy bar or pasta every day does.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No it doesn't. Even breathing in your own breath doesn't weaken your immune system. But if you have issues like anxiety, wearing a mask for long periods of time can trigger anxiety attacks or even panic attacks. Wearing a mask some times makes you feel like you can't breath, if you have anxiety feeling like you can't breath can make you feel like your chocking, which can make you have an anxiety attack. Happened to me once at work. They gave me a face shield, I can breath better in that so it seams to help. 

One thing that can weaken your immune system, is being run down by stress.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Inhaling our own stale breathe isn't good for us but it's the best that we can do given the circumstances we are in right now.  We all need to own several washable masks and wash them regularly in very hot water or be prepared to buy very many disposable ones.  Breathing in what others breathe out is not something that we wish to do right now.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can maintain your immunity by eating healthy and doing exercises. Mask is important to prevent you from virus.

• 1 month ago

Yes, I wear a mask at work everyday and have contracted all sorts of diseases. /facepalm

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nurses and Doctors wear them every day.

Today's stupid Q.

• 1 month ago

What a stupid question. 

Of course it will not.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no it does not..............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.                                                          

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.