Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why are most uneducated people close minded and educated people open minded?

This is something I’ve noticed a huge difference in in terms of the educated population and the uneducated population. Poor uneducated people are stubborn, close minded, and stuck in their (unhealthy and unproductive) ways. Compared to rich educated people who are open minded to suggestions, criticisms, change, and opportunities. 

Why are people so square? Answer that may answer the question you just asked?

That is not true at all.

• y

Then you have seen only what you wish to see, some of the most educated have tunnel vision, yet tell you they are looking/seeing all options. It's pathetic. It is true that at one time higher education did expose people to many more options, cultures, lifestyles, ways of thinking. But that has been whittled away at for decades now, the last two not even allowing different thought/views on campus.  While what you claim was once true, it is no longer I'm very sorry to say.

• Kate

Educated people are usually curious. I remember when I returned to college at age 35, I realized how much I didn't know. I loved learning and found the more I learned, the more I realized how much I don't know. That's a great incentive to continue my education.

• Mark

Mostly because educated people have experienced more in life (even if they don't travel).  Uneducated people  often have this philosophy:  "I don't know, and I don't WANT to know!"