Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

How many rolls of toilet paper is too much to have on hand for a family of three, and how many is appropriate?

I ask because I keep thinking back to what happened in march and again in october, and every time I go to Costco I buy another 30 roll pack if they have it, but I don't worry about it if they don't because I know that there shouldn't be another major shortage (hopefully). We currently have 146 rolls, but I'm heading to costco tomorrow, and I am wondering if I should still buy a pack if its there, or if I should just accept that we have enough?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You sure are full of it.

• 1 month ago

One Costco sized pack is plenty. Worst case, there are loads of other substitutes. Hoarding toilet paper is for fools. If you're going to hoard, at least stockpile stuff worth hoarding like non-perishable foods.  

• 1 month ago

well, how much do you use a week or a month? then how long will 146 rolls last? Sounds like a lot to me especially since in a pinch other things could suffice. There are bidet lids that fit any toilet BTW

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You think far too much about TP.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you have space to store your TP?

Do you have the money to buy stuff you don't need until three months from now?

Are all residents working from home and therefore using more than usual?

Do you lose sleep when you get down to your last 60 rolls?   LOL...

You have almost five Costo packs.  That's a lot of TP.

But I'm laughing in empathy because when I go to Costo I buy about 20 pounds of butter because my spouse considers it a butter emergency if we have less than two four-packs (eight pounds) in the freezer.

• 1 month ago

There is no "too much" is you purchase it on sales or in bulk. It's not like it's going to get significantly cheaper. If anything, it can be considered an investment with a small return. You can use it, sell it , or barter. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Toilet rolls aren't perishable and there is no harm in building up a stock if you have the space for it. Just in case FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and panic buying kicks in again.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a bidet and toilet paper consumption drops drastically. 

• 1 month ago

One roll per person per week.  You have enough on hand to last a family of four for nine months 

• 1 month ago

Don't worry about it.  Use rags if you have to.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.