Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

what do you say to a stupid moron who believes the earth is not round ?

notice hes not saying the earth is flat.

he is however sold on one thing, and thats the idea that what they're telling us, showing us about the earth being a globe is all fabricated lies.

well ? 

secondly, he believes there is a certain altitude we simply cannot get past because we do not possess the technology to do this.  

what we call space is in fact still earths atmosphere he says.

well ?

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Show him the pebbles in a pond. See how they are round and smooth? A flat cracker shape simply is not a probable shape for a planet that is travelling through space, with electromagnetic energy flowing around it from the sun. 

Tell him that if satellites did not constantly correct for the differences in time due to relativity, that GPS would not work quite right. 

Explain that we have seasons because the Earth tilts on its axis. 

Explain that if you were to get in a ship, you could sail around the globe, and return to the same place you started.

Is he afraid to use computers, too? They are a result of science and technology; things that he does not trust or understand. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Earth is very close to spherical. He may just be pointing out the slight elongation caused by the planet's spinning. Maps using a sphere are very accurate.

Likewise there is no clearly defined end to the atmosphere - it just gets thinner and thinner until it's gone. It's definitely gone by the height of most satellites, but a minority opinion considers the scattered ions around the Space Station to still be atmosphere. 

• 1 month ago

The earth is not round. It is almost round, but it is fatter near the equator. 

• 1 month ago

Tell him there is great night life on Pluto

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

millions of jet pilots have been to 60k feet,or less, since the 40s,,noticing the curvature of the planet,explaining to these dopes is a waste of calories

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

it isnt round , its like an orange that has been squeesed , round on the side but not pefectly round on the ends .. take all the water away and see deep marks on it .

• 1 month ago

I would ask them to explain why there are no discrepancies in long distance train timetables in different parts of the world and why traffic cameras accessible via the internet show two circles of daylight and darkness which meet along their edges.

• 1 month ago

I never argued with the stupid, I just gave them an F

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd say, "You stupid moron!  You believe the earth is not round"

• 1 month ago

SURPRISE !! Earth is NOT round, it is an "OBLATE SPHEROID".

Now the FLAT earthers, I have no time for at all.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've learned it's best to not argue with morons, just bless their little hearts.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.