Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is it unhealthy for me to constantly think of my mother who died recently? Or is it better to do other things and distract myself?

Im sorry for your loss and it's healthy to think about her it's part of the grieving process. Its okay to distract yourself sometimes when you're tired of crying it out. When you feel like you wanna take a break from it then you always can. Everyone grieves differently and this isn't a fun process to go through. You shouldn't feel guilty for living your life in between times your mom would want you to. Don't be afraid to live your mom loves you very deeply and will always be with you and in your heart. Take care of yourself.

grief is an ugly monster--- it attacks us all in a unique way.

It is healthy to think about her. Especially think of the good times; but do think of her and talk about her.  Certainly try to get back into your normal activities too, but it does take time to mourn.  

• Kate

It's perfectly normal to feel like this. You can't put a timeframe on grief or memories. My Mother died 10 years ago and I still have days when I think about her and wish she was still here. What I find helpful though, is to try and think of the good and fun memories.

hola, tu salud mental es algo importante, debes estar en paz para poder avanzar y tener un buen ritmo de vida. https://blazquezygarate.com/consultas-psicologia-o... este sitio tiene excelentes servicios de psicologia, con actividades que ayudan a distraerte y relajarte

Better to do other stuff, or these thoughts can badly impact your mind.

• garry

you need a shrink , 2 weeks at the most , me 3 days till they buried her .

Grieving is painful but natural and very healthy too zjqk

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

1. No

2. Up to you, since everyone grieves differently

Everyone copes in their own ways and in their own time. In my opinion, it's better for you to grieve and allow yourself to let it all out now so that you can avoid a mental breakdown later. Let yourself be sad, let yourself cry, and let it all out, but don't let it consume you and control your life. You don't have to get over it, because it's a very terrible loss, but at some point you do have to move forward and continue on with your life. Keep her in your heart and in your memories, and realize that she would want you to keep going and keep living your life even though she is no longer physically around. Grieving now is part of the healing process and you need to begin healing in order to go back to being yourself. Things may never be completely the same, but they will get back to what you can consider to be close to normal again. Distracting yourself from the pain will only cause it to build up and come out in much greater force later on, which may end up affecting you way worse than it will if you go through it now. Jus be sure to keep taking care of yourself. I'm very sorry for your loss. It can't be easy. I hope this helps. Good luck and take care, my friend.