Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Can humans eat grass?

I'm 15 and one of my friends is daring me to eat some grass and i don't mind to do it but is it safe?

as long as its not sprayed with chemicals  a small bit will be ok and if  animals not piddled on it,YUCK!!.......

~ In principle, people can eat grass; it is non-toxic and edible. As a practical food source, however, your lawn leaves a lot to be desired.

There are two main problems with a grass diet. The first is that human stomachs have difficulty digesting raw leaves and grasses. Animals such as cows, on the other hand, have a specialized stomach with four chambers to aid in the digestion of grass (a process called rumination).

Aside from the digestion issues, a second problem with grass as a food source is the mastication. Your dentist would not be pleased; grass contains a lot of silica, an abrasive which quickly wears down teeth. Grazing animals have teeth that are adapted to continually grow, replacing the worn tooth surfaces quickly.

Don't be a silly cow. 

Yes. But don't do much. It's not digeatable though. And you probably won't like the taste.

And like any fresh vegetable, you should wash it.

Source(s): Tried it when I was a kid. Taste terrible.

Yes but I don't recommend it LOL.

Its for animals. If you eat it for a little bit maybe its not harmful, but if you eat a lot i dont know, maybe you're gonna enter hospital, but cat also love to eat grass 😁

I thought smoking it was best

It won’t do you any harm as long as you wash it (animal urine etc) but it’s likely to be difficult to digest. Animals are equipped to digest grass etc, humans aren’t. This is what our appendix was for but years of evolution means it has become obsolete.

• Mark

Tell your friend (and this is true) that both wild rice and corn are grasses.  But if you mean the kind that grows on the lawn, yes, humans can eat it, but it doesn't taste very good.

Forget the dares altogether, that is something they want to see if someone dumb enough will do, are they going to do it also? Find some new friends, they are not good friends at all. Use your head. 

• hung

.......i smoke it. :)~