Carly asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

If I stop using Birth Control will my vision go back to normal?

I just recently looked up how birth control can effect eye vision. I have now blurred vision when I used to have really good vision and now I’m thinking it could be the birth control. I went to the eye doctor and they said my vision isn’t that bad enough to get glasses but I just see blurry and not how I was so it’s weird for me. Are these side effects permanent? If I take off my birth control patch/ stop using birth control will my vision go back to how it was? Anyone else have similar experiences?

• kelvin

i would discuss that problem with the gynecologist first

I would see a different eye doctor if your vision is blurry. You need glasses whether the birth control had anything to do with it or not! You are likely borderline for glasses but you might start getting headaches and vision will keep getting worse. A good eye doctor will recommend glasses to wear most or all of the time even though they will be a mild prescription. It will be best to get them and wear them anyways as you will get used to them. 

i would see a different doctor about it