Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

I understand why Auto insurance is mandatory, because it involves other drivers, but why am I forced to have health insurance? ?

Update:

when I do not want to see adoctor

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because if you end up in the hospital for major surgery why should taxpayers have to foot your bills?

• 1 month ago

You are not forced. President Trump took the mandate away. Obama originally made it forced because he wanted everyone to pay into it, even the wealthy because he wanted to have enough money to pay for it all. The amount of money you pay in premiums is proportional to your income. For wealthier people, it got so bad, it was like having a second mortgage. 

• 2 months ago

when you do not carry insurance--guess who pays? We do, the tax payer. You never know when you will need it--I see it daily, people who dont have it never thinking they will fall down, need surgery, get into a car accident, cut themselves, get an infection....and yet whine when they have to pay for care.  If you dont want to see a care giver, simply get catastrophic coverage (the lowest and cheapest) which is very cheap and at least will pay for your cardiac by pass surgery.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Folks don't wanna see dead bodies in the streets zxjqkcgh

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The more paying into the system the less. Everyone supposedly has to pay. Over 200 million ended up paying more though. Biden's fix, is to expand the as he said, "broken ACA" To cover millions more that need to be subsidized or just get it free.

• 2 months ago

Unless you are in California or New Jersey, you are not forced to have health insurance (and maybe another state or two).

- Why are you in these states?  Because your democratic leadership forces the belief that you need a baby sitter and can't make your own decisions.

If you don't want to be forced to have health insurance, i hope you didn't vote democrat.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You need it so people who can't afford it can get it for free. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause you might need it someday

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no one says you have to have it

• 2 months ago

Ask Obama............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.