What is your opinion of the Bible?

Doing a survey for one of my classes. Please answer with your honest response please :) thank you.

which one ? the James one is a collection of 6 others with people deciding what should be there at that time of writing it . and which language as when it is translated it get altered too. so for me there is a curator Y the stars did not get there them self . .

The greatest, most glorious and important text of all time. 

• Carym

The Bible is the Word of God -- entirely true and always true.

As we draw inspiration and receive power, love, and revelation from God's Word (which forms part of the transformation process), we know without a doubt who the Author is.

God’s Word WILL work for us ‘IF WE BELIEVE.’ Paul did not believe in the subjective theory of, “That may be God’s Word to you, but it isn’t God’s Word to me.”

If we do not believe that God speaks to us when we read His Word---we are insulting God, wasting His time and ours [1 Thessalonians 2:13]. Because God is a God of the present. God is always in the moment.

Those who really care about the Truth and would like to experience this reality for themselves will make an effort not an excuse.

Bible is a collection of religious texts or scriptures sacred to Christians, Jews, Samaritans, Rastafari and others.

• Phil M

It's ok. Harry Potter is more interesting.

Yes sk8terboy 1963, yes I agree with your analysis, and the best about any of them would be, one can sit back, read and LYAO!

As sk8teboy is right. My opinion is that the bible especially the NT.  Now there is a mystery with all sorts of impositions in nearly every verse. Read  about the persons who went to visit the tomb;  think carefully, and you will notice that there is no way possible that those persons could have visited as written. BTW, continue to read it, and think and remember what you read, and you will learn that the real Jesus was actually Titus the first son of emperor Vespasian.

Oh no, the Catholic church was the first, it did not use the name Catholic early on, but like used the out of work Jewish priests to preach and teach. The Romans got that going long before any other of the couple hundred so called Christian religions got started. John S, I think this is correct; you are wrong, Y!A are not over run by atheists.  There are many more believers on his forum, and they are such hypocrites that they do not want atheists to say anything.  I know, since they are afraid of me, and at least 20 of those know nothings have me blocked. They are so weak with that foolish belief they cannot hear the truth, and are afraid of what I have to day, which is the truth.

• Paul

It is a collection of early Jewish and Catholic writings, compiled into book form for easy access, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, by the bishops of the Catholic Church, in the 4th Century. With the guidance of His Church, it provides many teachings that were part of original and true Christianity. Without the guidance of His Church, it results in fragmentation into thousands of conflicting manmade denominations teaching hundreds of conflicting and therefore false beliefs. Truth cannot conflict with truth.

It is the inerrant Word of God. I prefer the KJV.

The truth is that death leads to heaven or hell, and the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Bible is very clear that no one can earn their way to heaven since good works do not pay for sins. See Gal. 2:16, Rom. 3:23-28, 4:4-5, Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5. The only way to heaven is by believing in Jesus for His free gift of eternal life. Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the full payment for our sins. He did all the work; all He requires of us is that we believe in Him. Once you believe in Jesus Christ to save you, you are secure forever!

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

The Bible is an attempt to teach morality by a primitive culture that had major moral blindspots ranging from xenophobia to gender to slavery to homophobia and more.  It has little to no value in the modern world and should be abandoned.

It's a man-made book which some brainless imbeciles have decided is from their man-god.