Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

If your teenage daughter told you that her dad downloaded movies without paying for them, and she has already filed a report, is she right?

Depends on where she filed the report.  In general, if she's underage her "report" will not be taken seriously BECAUSE in some States she cannot be the complaining party (due to her age).

This is a matter between the husband and wife.  I'd tell the kid it's none of concern.

• ?

That’s counterproductive as I am my daughters dad

• ?

This makes no sense but no she is not right.She should stop being a Karen and mind her own business.

Who would she file a report with anyways?

A lot of stupidity surrounds the issue of the accusations of children -- about anything -- it commonly being stated that they have to be believed .

That's just naive and plain wrong .

As with anyone else , a child's accusation has to be listened to ,and investigated if necessary -- but that's all .

But in this case -- it's hardly a capital offence .

Technically but no one cares about downloading pirated movies now, its bot 2007

Who cares?

No law against downloading movies in any civilsed country I know of.