Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

instead of getting an extended slide release for a glock pistol, could you just bend the standard sight release outwards a little bit?

has anyone tried this? does it work just as good as the extended slide release? 

shut up higgy. i asked about a glock. doesnt mean i only own glocks

• Mr.357

That sounds like it would work amazingly.

• BBean

Thanks S.I. and TU.

Your Popcorn S. avatar does not show up nor your name...just a generic picture and a ?... but I know who it is and thanks again for the compliment...I don`t know if I can live up to it. Your answer is correct so I need not answer.

• ?

I kinda agree with ?

No, don't try to bend your slide release.

There are at least 2 better options:

1. Get the extended slide release...or

2. Get a different gun....

I can assure you....there is life after Glock.

NOOOOOOOO.

Because firearms are made of HARDENED metal, most the parts WILL break easily if you try to bend them. If you have the means and the knowledge, the part could be heated thus removing the "Temper" then re- hardened. VERY risky also. Metal has "grain" heat treating to be done well is a controlled process. Done wrong you have destroyed the part.

Buying an extended mag release is the easy way. The correct way to save yourself headaches fixing the problem YOU created.

* if BBEAN, answers, READ HIS and learn. Mr. BBean has taught me much in our time here. So generous, he does so with NO FEES, can you believe that ? A gentleman among us. Certainly he can handle this question with ease and a TON of knowledge. BBean knows "stuff" : )

Thank you BBean stay well Sir.

ADDED : OH, also heating the outside parts of the firearm WILL destroy the finish. Any protective coating will be burned up in the heating and hardening process.